In an industry first, National Tiles and Grand Designs Australia, in partnership with our sponsors, are excited to announce the inaugural Tiler of the Year Awards 2020. And the grand prize is a force of nature! The commanding Mazda BT-50 Boss.
We are passionate about tiles, and without the incredible talent of hardworking Australian tilers our industry could not exist. It requires a skilled artisan who takes pride in their work to create a beautifully finished tiled floor, wall, splashback, shower and outdoor paving area. Tiled correctly, these spaces will stand the test of time. It’s a tough job, too – painstaking, back-breaking and physically demanding. So, we want to send out a collective heartfelt thank you to all of the amazing tilers who work so hard for their clients in residential and commercial projects, from Darwin to Hobart and from Perth to the east coast – we couldn’t do what we do without you.
HOW IT WORKS
If you are a tiler, simply upload a photo of your work. If you’re a homeowner, renovator, interior designer, design professional, builder or architect and would like to nominate your tiler, upload an image of a beautifully tiled space in your own home or a project of yours.
Entry applications close on 5 March, and this is when our esteemed judging panel will select 10 finalists from around Australia. These finalists will be announced on 12 March and photographs will be uploaded to the Voting App so everyone can vote for their favourite space.
The finalists will be invited to attend a very special event in Melbourne where the winner and runners-up will be announced. The winner will be featured in the July issue of Grand Designs Australia (entry applicants will need to be available for a photo shoot for this feature).
HOW TO ENTER
- Simply enter a good quality photograph/s and tiler details via the button below or completehome.com.au/win-national-tiles
- Entries are accepted from 21 November 2019 to 5 March 2020
- The 10 finalists will be announced on 12 March and photos uploaded to the Voting App so you can choose your favourite space
- The National Tiles Tiler of the Year will win a Mazda BT-50 Boss courtesy of a Mazda Australia
- The 1st runner up will win a trip for four (two adults & two children) to Milan, Italy including economy airfares and four nights accommodation courtesy of Mapei
- The 2nd runner up will win a $5,000 Grants Waterproofing Package courtesy of SAS Australasia
- One reader who nominates the winning entry will win a one hour one-on-one design consultation with one of Australia’s leading hard finish designers, Kate Walker of KWD
*For competition terms and conditions, click here.