HOW TO RESTORE HERITAGE PROTECTED HOMES:
Saturday 8th May 2021 9:30am – 4:00pm
FCTA – Building Careers in partnership with Renewal SA’s Works Program, has developed a one-day workshop to help current or future owners of heritage properties with restoration planning.
Adelaide and suburbs such as Bowden, Brompton and Port Adelaide are blessed with a variety of heritage-protected character homes. Owning these properties comes with a responsibility to conserve their heritage. If you are planning on restoring a heritage property, this workshop is designed for you.
A walking tour of the former Bowden Gasworks site highlighting key buildings to help explain technical terminology and understand the principles of heritage conservation.
Lunch will be provided. Advise of any dietary requirements when registering.
This workshop will cover:
- understanding the cause of common issues that occur in older homes
- the types of materials that should and shouldn’t be used
- questions to ask tradespeople about the scope of works and their licences
- what to request tradespeople to include in their quotes
- principles of heritage conservation from the Burra Charter
- the importance and benefits of regular maintenance
- how to work with your local council while planning your renovation.
Do not attend if unwell. Participants will be required to check in.
Saturday 8th May 2021, 9.30 am — 4.00 pm
Retort House 21 Chief Street, Brompton (meet at Chief Street entrance gate)
Parking available at:
- Entertainment Centre, Port Road, Hindmarsh
- Plant 4, Third Street, Bowden
- Chief Street, Brompton.
This program has been subsidised by Renewal SA’s Works Program.
Registration is required as places are limited.
Preference will be given to residents of Western Adelaide.
Contact Anne Howarth by Friday, 30th April 2021
P 8367 5615 E [email protected]