If you are interested in becoming a bricklayer, call us on 8367 5615. We have employers seeking apprentices. The requirements are:
- under 21 years old
- have drivers license and car
- reliable with the ability to follow instructions
- either have some experience or have completed a pre-apprenticeship course
These are genuine employers looking to hire. It’s normal in the trade that applicants be prepared to complete some work experience with the employer first. One of the apprenticeships is with a group training organisation, who require a medical physical to be undertaken.
We currently have Bricklayers and Tilers looking to hire apprentices. They are after ‘work ready’ apprentices, people who have some basic skills and are aware of what working in the building industry is like. The Certificate II in Construction (CPC20112) is an excellent course that provides students with an introduction to the following trades:
- Bricklaying (2 employers currently looking for apprentices as of 31/1/2017
- Tiling (4 tilers looking for apprentices as of 31/1/2017)
- Plastering (labourers positions appearing regularly on gumtree)
- Concreting (2 employers seeking labourers)
- Scaffolding – up to 4metres (shortage of scaffolders in Adelaide – especially around festival/ major event times)
Employers contact us directly looking for students to recommend. We also check adverts for jobs every morning and have close industry ties to give students extra guidance. Applicants will have the opportunity to see other pre-apprentices in action on the trade floor. Students will be working side by side with existing apprentices so they can discuss the industry, find out what life as a tradie is like, and see how over time how their skills develop.
If you are interested in applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 8367 5615.